a look at the following PR and let me know if you oppose or need support in
integrating your stack.

https://github.com/Cisco-Talos/clamav-devel/pull/146

Best regards,
Hanspeter
--
hanspeter.gosteli@gmail.com
+41794010780
Re: [clamav-users] PR: Removing PidFile [ In reply to ]
Hi there,

On Sat, 12 Dec 2020, Hanspeter Gosteli via clamav-users wrote:

> I propose to remove PidFile-Handling from ClamAV and handing it to the init
> system as it seems already to be the case in most deployments. Please have
> a look at the following PR and let me know if you oppose or need support in
> integrating your stack.

Please don't ask me to try to use Github.

Please don't break ClamAV for any of its existing users for cosmetic,
religious or political reasons.

Please don't change parts of ClamAV which now work fine when there are
parts which don't now work properly, or indeed in some cases, at all.

You have seen the ClamaV Bugzilla. There are plenty of more important
things to get your teeth into.

--

73,
Ged.

https://github.com/vrtadmin/clamav-faq

http://www.clamav.net/contact.html#ml
Re: [clamav-users] PR: Removing PidFile [ In reply to ]
I agree. I don't run ClamAV from systemd, and I wouldn't be pleased to
have to spend time changing my scripts "just because".

P.S. I do run other things from systemd -- if the OS set them up that
way -- and I do appreciate the parallelism: it saves a few minutes of
start-up time when I reboot every month or twelve. Now if only the
systemd config files weren't scattered among so many directories (with
symlinks thrown in for good measure).