Mailing List Archive

[clamav-users] Attempting to add CLAMAV using ClamavPlugin to Postfix/Spamassassin
My first foray into AV scanning my SoHo system is underway.

I believe I have stumbled my way into adding the AV bits, without actually breaking what was working.

Comparing headers of varioius email, I suspect a virus is being detected but not "scored". Probably a simple
configuration issue, Below is what I see in headers of scanned (?) messages that suggest malware detected,
those suspected to be "clean" do not show X-Spam-Virus:

* [score: 0.0000]
* 3.8 H_SPAM_BH pre-scanned SPAM bravenet
* 0.0 HTML_MESSAGE BODY: HTML included in message"

joe a

https://github.com/vrtadmin/clamav-faq

http://www.clamav.net/contact.html#ml
Re: [clamav-users] Attempting to add CLAMAV using ClamavPlugin to Postfix/Spamassassin [ In reply to ]
Hi there,

On Wed, 2 Dec 2020, Joe Acquisto-j4 wrote:

> Comparing headers of varioius email, I suspect a virus is being
> detected but not "scored". Probably a simple configuration issue,
> Below is what I see in headers of scanned (?) messages that suggest
> malware detected, those suspected to be "clean" do not show
> * [score: 0.0000]
> * 3.8 H_SPAM_BH pre-scanned SPAM bravenet
> * 0.0 HTML_MESSAGE BODY: HTML included in message"

If you want to configure SpamAssassin to take input from ClamAV, I
think you'll get better help on a SpamAssassin list.

When you ask there, try to give more information than you gave here.

--

73,
Ged.

Re: [clamav-users] Attempting to add CLAMAV using ClamavPlugin to Postfix/Spamassassin [ In reply to ]

> Hi there,
>
> On Wed, 2 Dec 2020, Joe Acquisto-j4 wrote:
>
>> Comparing headers of varioius email, I suspect a virus is being
>> detected but not "scored". Probably a simple configuration issue,
>> Below is what I see in headers of scanned (?) messages that suggest
>> malware detected, those suspected to be "clean" do not show
>> * [score: 0.0000]
>> * 3.8 H_SPAM_BH pre-scanned SPAM bravenet
>> * 0.0 HTML_MESSAGE BODY: HTML included in message"
>
> If you want to configure SpamAssassin to take input from ClamAV, I
> think you'll get better help on a SpamAssassin list.
>
> When you ask there, try to give more information than you gave here.
>
> --
>
> 73,
> Ged.

Where to seek assistance did appear a bit ambiguous at first.

All sorted out now I think. FWIW, the problem was a simple character
due to a faulty cut and past. At least I know who to blame.

Thanks

joe a.