Mailing List Archive

Re: [clamav-users] [External] RE: [External] Re: [External] Re: [External] Re: [External] ClamAV® blog: ClamAV 0.103.0 release candidate
On 8/20/2020 2:49 PM, Micah Snyder (micasnyd) wrote:
> Re: the clamd startup issue, Kevin can you confirm if clamd behaves as expected without using systemd or another service manager? I'll test with system now on my machines. We don’t at present have any automated systemd tests (an obvious failing I intend to remedy as soon as I’m able). In all our automated tests for clamd+clamdscan usage without using a service manager, things seem to be fine on each of our test systems, but I'm sure there are permutations we don’t yet test.
Hi Micah,

I installed check-devel to get libcheck for make check:
FAIL: check_clamav
PASS: check_freshclam.sh
PASS: check_sigtool.sh
SKIP: check_unit_vg.sh
PASS: check1_clamscan.sh
PASS: check2_clamd.sh
PASS: check3_clamd.sh
PASS: check4_clamd.sh
SKIP: check5_clamd_vg.sh
SKIP: check6_clamd_vg.sh
SKIP: check7_clamd_hg.sh
SKIP: check8_clamd_hg.sh
SKIP: check9_clamscan_vg.sh
Testsuite summary for ClamAV 0.103.0-rc
# TOTAL: 13
# PASS:  6
# SKIP:  6
# XFAIL: 0
# FAIL:  1
# XPASS: 0
# ERROR: 0

If I start it outside of an init script, it does appear to work and I
can run clamdscan's against it.

Any idea why it isn't compatible with the clamd script that worked with
0.102.4?  http://talonator.pccc.com/clamav/clamd

Regards,
KAM