[cid:image001.png@01D1239E.CB6F02B0]

Shaun Pappas
PBB TradeSuite | Solution Architect
+27 72 386 2325 | shaun.pappas@standardbank.co.za<mailto:shaun.pappas@standardbank.co.za>
[SB-Arrow-STANDARD-Eng-short]
[Blog]<https://community.standardbank.co.za/t5/Blog/bg-p/Blog/label-name/South%20Africa>[Facebook]<https://www.facebook.com/StandardBankSA>[Twitter]<https://www.twitter.com/standardbankza>[LinkedIn]<https://www.linkedin.com/company/10074369?trk=tyah&trkInfo=clickedVertical:company,clickedEntityId:10074369,idx:2-5-8,tarId:1447227357548,tas:standard%20bank>[Youtube]<https://www.youtube.com/user/StandardBankGroup>[Instagram]<https://www.instagram.com/standardbanksa/>

Standard Bank email disclaimer and confidentiality note
Please go to www.standardbank.co.za/site/homepage/emaildisclaimer.html to read our email disclaimer and confidentiality note. Kindly email disclaimer@standardbank.co.za (no content or subject line necessary) if you cannot view that page and we will email our email disclaimer and confidentiality note to you.
Re: [clamav-users] Info please [ In reply to ]
Hi there,

On Mon, 4 May 2020, Pappas, Shaun S via clamav-users wrote:

> * Is it possible to configure the scan to happen as soon as doc hits the temp bucket ?

In principle yes, see the documentation for "scan on access". There
are caveats, for example it doesn't work on Windows boxes yet.

> * What happens if multiple docs are uploaded at the same time ?

Making some wild assumptions, more or less the same thing that happens
if a single document is uploaded. If you don't like my assumptions,
please tell me more about yours.

> * How will we know if the doc had a virus or not ?

You can never know that it did not. You have a fair chance of knowing
if it did - but it's only fair. See the documentation for information
about scan results. See more of my posts to this list in the archives
for detection rate estimates based on long experience. Spoiler alert:
not so good if you're prone to lying awake at night worrying about it.

> * How long does it take to scan a doc ?

About as long as this piece of string. On a good day I'll get from
10kbytes/s to 100kByte/s data scanned by my milter, but (1) I only
scan mail on the wire, not documents from mass storage and (2) much
faster computers exist - a bank can probably afford one of those.

There's a lot of documentation at

http://www.clamav.net/documents/clam-antivirus-user-manual

If you ask better questions, you'll get better answers. :)

--

73,
Ged.