Mailing List Archive

Re: [clamav-users] (Solved) Problem clamd and clamonacc V 0.102 - Client disconnected (FD 10)
(SOLVED)

Debugging socket connections leads to a result. The error message had nothing to do with the communication error. Problem was caused by directory rights. So clamonacc had the right to access the socket but not the directory where the socket is located even when the process runs as root.

Martin Fürstenau
Senior System Support Engineer | ICS OP INF 3
Canon Porduction Printing Germany

Canon Production Printing Germany GmbH & Co. KG
P.O. Box 1260, 85581 Poing
Siemensallee 2, 85586 Poing
Germany | www.cpp.canon
Canon Production Printing Germany GmbH & Co. KG.
The company is a limited partnership with its registered office in Poing
Trade Register HRA 100955 (Amtsgericht München) - WEEE-Reg. - No. DE 888 05 443

General Partner: Canon Production Printing Geschäftsführungsgesellschaft mbH Registered Office: Poing
Trade Register HRB 206480 (Amtsgericht München)
Executive Officer: André Mittelsteiner, Beate Reisinger

This message and attachment(s) are intended solely for use by the addressee and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient or agent thereof responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone or with a 'reply' message and delete the message and its attachment(s), if any, from your system(s). Thank you for your co-operation.
No. systemd or init starts service/demons which also can be started by hand. I meant (as written) clamonacc and clamd.

Let me explain a little bit more.I'm using CentOS 7.7 on my development systems and on the servers. Starting both on my development station on access scanning works well. Starting an stopping of clamd and clamonacc works well (using systemd).

Using the same configuration an software packages on a server worked first, but after stopping clamd first and clamonacc later something happened because since the I get a

"Client disconnected (FD 10)"

And my question was if anybody know what this message means. I'm administrating Unix for more than 30 years and Linux from kernel 1.x. So there is a lot of experience but if I don't know what a message means I can only guess.

Martin