Mailing List Archive

[clamav-users] Milterlog are thinking that no Clamd Server not be avilable
Please why mening clamav-milter.log thinking that clamav deamon arnt running
?

var/log/clam/clamav-milter.log

Wed Mar 4 21:21:49 2020 -> WARNING: No clamd server appears to be available

Wed Mar 4 21:22:10 2020 -> ERROR: Failed to initiate streaming/fdpassing

Wed Mar 4 21:22:10 2020 -> WARNING: No clamd server appears to be available

Wed Mar 4 21:22:32 2020 -> WARNING: No clamd server appears to be available

root@mail:/var/log/clamav# dpkg -l | grep clamav

ii clamav 0.101.5+dfsg-0+deb8u1
amd64 anti-virus utility for Unix - command-line interface

ii clamav-base 0.101.5+dfsg-0+deb8u1
all anti-virus utility for Unix - base package

ii clamav-daemon 0.101.5+dfsg-0+deb8u1
amd64 anti-virus utility for Unix - scanner daemon

ii clamav-freshclam 0.101.5+dfsg-0+deb8u1
amd64 anti-virus utility for Unix - virus database update
utility

ii clamav-milter 0.101.5+dfsg-0+deb8u1
amd64 anti-virus utility for Unix - sendmail integration

rc libclamav7 0.100.3+dfsg-0+deb8u1
amd64 anti-virus utility for Unix - library

ii libclamav9:amd64 0.101.5+dfsg-0+deb8u1
amd64 anti-virus utility for Unix - library

root@mail:/etc/clamav# systemctl | grep clamav

clamav-daemon.service loaded active running Clam AntiVirus
userspace daemon

clamav-freshclam.service loaded active running ClamAV virus
database updater

clamav-milter.service loaded active running LSB: ClamAV
virus milter

clamav-daemon.socket loaded active running Socket for Clam
AntiVirus userspace daemon

root@mail:/var/log/clamav# cat /etc/clamav/clamav-milter.conf

#Automatically Generated by clamav-milter postinst

#To reconfigure clamav-milter run #dpkg-reconfigure clamav-milter

#Please read /usr/share/doc/clamav-base/README.Debian.gz for details

## MilterSocket unix:/var/spool/postfix/clamav/clamav-milter.ctl

MilterSocket inet:7357

FixStaleSocket true

User clamav

ReadTimeout 120

Foreground false

PidFile /var/run/clamav/clamav-milter.pid

ClamdSocket unix:/var/run/clamav/clamd.socket

OnClean Accept

OnInfected Quarantine

OnFail Defer

AddHeader Replace

LogSyslog false

LogFacility LOG_MAIL

LogVerbose false

LogInfected Off

LogClean Off

LogRotate true

MaxFileSize 25M

SupportMultipleRecipients false

TemporaryDirectory /tmp

LogFile /var/log/clamav/clamav-milter.log

LogTime true

LogFileUnlock false

LogFileMaxSize 1M

MilterSocketGroup postfix

## MilterSocketGroup clamav

MilterSocketMode 666

## MilterSocketMode 660
Re: [clamav-users] Milterlog are thinking that no Clamd Server not be avilable [ In reply to ]
Hi there,

Please do not start a new thread for the same problem as an existing thread.

On Wed, 4 Mar 2020, mauri via clamav-users wrote:

> Please why mening clamav-milter.log thinking that clamav deamon arnt running?

Given the messages in your previous thread I suspect this is why:

> root@mail:/var/log/clamav# cat /etc/clamav/clamav-milter.conf
> ## MilterSocket unix:/var/spool/postfix/clamav/clamav-milter.ctl
> MilterSocket inet:7357

73,
Ged.