Mailing List Archive

Re: [clamav-users] Malformed database issue
Micah,

I'm still using Centos 6, still on a 32-bit platform. Its patched with the exception of clamav.
Still running clamav-0.100.0-1.el6. I have the option of going to 0.100.3-1.el6.

I wouldn't say that clamav is working, but I can still send/receive email.

In your opinion, should I upgrade to this latest version?

Going to assume yes, been holding off.

Jay

https://github.com/vrtadmin/clamav-faq

http://www.clamav.net/contact.html#ml
Re: [clamav-users] Malformed database issue [ In reply to ]
Jay,

If you are going to upgrade to the newest version manually, I *highly*
suggest using the EL6 source RPM as a template as it bundles &
statically builds a newer version of zlib for use with ClamAV as a
workaround to prevent the "malformed database" errors.

https://download-ib01.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/6/SRPMS/Packages/c/clamav-0.100.3-1.el6.src.rpm

Re: [clamav-users] Malformed database issue [ In reply to ]
I was going to update via the software update tool!! Would that work???

Jay

Re: [clamav-users] Malformed database issue [ In reply to ]
On 09.02.20 21:28, Jay Hart wrote:
>I was going to update via the software update tool!! Would that work???

yes. he advised only if you want to upgrade manually.
Upgrading via distro-proposed solution (yum on centos) is much better.

I recommend doing that instead of manual upgrading due to possible conflicts
you have to resolve when using manual installation.

I wonder why you didn't install it already. Don't you install security
updates?

>> If you are going to upgrade to the newest version manually, I *highly*
>> suggest using the EL6 source RPM as a template as it bundles &
>> statically builds a newer version of zlib for use with ClamAV as a
>> workaround to prevent the "malformed database" errors.
>>
>> https://download-ib01.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/6/SRPMS/Packages/c/clamav-0.100.3-1.el6.src.rpm
>>

>>> I'm still using Centos 6, still on a 32-bit platform. Its patched with the exception of clamav.
>>>Still running clamav-0.100.0-1.el6. I have the option of going to 0.100.3-1.el6.
>>>
>>>I wouldn't say that clamav is working, but I can still send/receive email.
>>>
>>>In your opinion, should I upgrade to this latest version?
>>>
>>>Going to assume yes, been holding off.

One OS to bring them all and into darkness bind them

Re: [clamav-users] Malformed database issue [ In reply to ]
Yes, the regular channel update will work fine to update to 0.100.3

I meant if you wanted to update to the latest 0.102.2 you will have to
roll your own...