Mailing List Archive

[clamav-users] Some mysterious output from freshclam 0.102.1
Since we still do the quick DNS TXT check (which I described last
summer) to determine when to actually run freshclam, we also use the
"-v" option on freshclam to get a more detailed log (in case there are
still DB sync problems with the BOS mirror).

Now, with version 0.102.1, one log (see below) showed something I don't
understand. All the logs seem to echo the SSL/TLS stuff, including the
certificate info, but this one also said, just before the end, "Server
cloudflare is not blacklisted". What is that about?

P.S. All the blank lines below were actually in the log.

====== Begin excerpt from Monday 06 January 2020 at 15:43:01 ======
Retrieving https://database.clamav.net/daily-25686.cdiff
downloadFile: Download source: https://database.clamav.net/daily-25686.cdiff
downloadFile: Download destination: ./clamav-c71f86a449359adc26ab5e7accfa724e.tmp
* Hostname was NOT found in DNS cache
* Trying 104.16.219.84...
* Connected to database.clamav.net (104.16.219.84) port 443 (#0)
* successfully set certificate verify locations:
* CAfile: none
CApath: /etc/ssl/certs
* SSL connection using TLSv1.2 / ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256
* Server certificate:
* subject: OU=Domain Control Validated; OU=PositiveSSL Multi-Domain; CN=ssl392509.cloudflaressl.com
* start date: 2019-08-24 00:00:00 GMT
* expire date: 2020-03-01 23:59:59 GMT
* subjectAltName: database.clamav.net matched
* issuer: C=GB; ST=Greater Manchester; L=Salford; O=COMODO CA Limited; CN=COMODO ECC Domain Validation Secure Server CA 2
* SSL certificate verify ok.

* Server cloudflare is not blacklisted

* Closing connection 0
====== End excerpt from Monday 06 January 2020 from 15:43:01 ======