[clamav-users] Html.Malware.Agent-7380889-0 false positive on Apache files?
Hi group –

We’ve had a file (/opt/nessus/var/nessus/report-engine/fop.jar) hitting for Html.Malware.Agent-7380889-0 since yesterday. This Apache file hasn’t been updated since March 2019 and I’m tempted to say this is a false positive (our Nessus server is also completely unreachable from the internet), but haven’t seen any traffic on this listserv and Google hasn’t helped much. Anybody have any similar hits?

--
Andy Keller
Director, Information Security and Compliance | CISSP, CCSK, Security+ | Decision Lens
<http://www.decisionlens.com/>andykeller@decisionlens.com<mailto:andykeller@decisionlens.com>
o: (703) 215-8282
Re: [clamav-users] Html.Malware.Agent-7380889-0 false positive on Apache files? [ In reply to ]
That's a hash signature. My guess is that there's 315 byte file inside the
jar that was marked. The 2.4 version of fop has a 315 byte class file
(PDFColorSpace.class) in it with a different MD5 hash. You might want to
unpack the fop.jar and see if any of the files there match. Chances are
some piece of malware included something similar that got included in the
signature creation process.

[daily.hsb]
94d13091a15154471ed3832f3c072567:315:Html.Malware.Agent-7380889-0:73

Re: [clamav-users] Html.Malware.Agent-7380889-0 false positive on Apache files? [ In reply to ]
The alert was a false positive, and the offending signature has been
removed.

Thanks,

-Alain

Re: [clamav-users] Html.Malware.Agent-7380889-0 false positive on Apache files? [ In reply to ]
Hi Alain,

Thank you very much for your quick response. May I ask what's the offending
signature, where it located, and how was it removed? Thanks.

Christina Qian

Re: [clamav-users] Html.Malware.Agent-7380889-0 false positive on Apache files? [ In reply to ]
The offending signature was previously posted, along with it's location in the daily.hdb section of the daily.cld/.cvd signature database:

[daily.hsb] 94d13091a15154471ed3832f3c072567:315:Html.Malware.Agent-7380889-0:73

You should see that it is dropped in the next daily update around eight hours from now.

-Al-

Re: [clamav-users] Html.Malware.Agent-7380889-0 false positive on Apache files? [ In reply to ]
Hi Al,

Thank you very much for your reply. I just realized that I was on the wrong
thread though. I meant to ask the reason for the alarms below, or at least
to confirm it's a false alarm, so I can just exclude the files. Do you or
anybody on the list has information on this? Thanks.

Christina