If I have missed it on the website, I sincerely apologise and would appreciate if people point me to the URL.

Also, I would like to state that for 0.101.3 version, the documentation is pointing to incorrect links. I was wondering if this was observed already.

Kindest Regards,
Re: [clamav-users] Distinction between x64 and x32 windows installers [ In reply to ]
Hello!

Sorry about the confusion. We don’t have any instructions at this time for how to run ClamAV as service on Windows. It would be really great to add that to our documentation and if you have any insights from your usage it would be most welcome.

The portable installer is just a zip of the files that you can extract and use anywhere. My best guess is to do exactly as you suggested. Stop the service, replace the files (other than configuration), and then start it again.

If you’re up for writing detailed instructions on how to create a clamav service on Windows and usage/upgrade notes we’d really appreciate the contribution. Our documentation is also open source located here: https://github.com/Cisco-Talos/clamav-faq.

Thanks for pointing out the version # is out of date. I’ll make a fix for that shortly.

Regards,
Micah