Mailing List Archive

[clamav-users] Segregating database definitions in different subdirectories
Hi,

I want to define some personal rules for ClamAV. But I would like to
keep these rules into a subdirectory of the general database directory:

I waht to have /var/lib/clamav for the normal virus definitions and
/var/lob/clamav/local for my own definition.

But it seems that ClamAV only reads the general directory and does not
recurse to my local defnition.

Is there an option in ClamAV configuration to enable such recursion?

TIA,

Olivier

https://github.com/vrtadmin/clamav-faq

http://www.clamav.net/contact.html#ml
Re: [clamav-users] Segregating database definitions in different subdirectories [ In reply to ]
What's the reason for segregation? You can easily add your own unofficial signatures to the regular directory to have ClamAV use them all.

Otherwise you will have to run two occurrences of ClamAV pointing to those two directories.

Sent from my iPad

-Al-

Re: [clamav-users] Segregating database definitions in different subdirectories [ In reply to ]
> What's the reason for segregation? You can easily add your own
> unofficial signatures to the regular directory to have ClamAV use them
> all.

Just to keep the things clean.

> Otherwise you will have to run two occurrences of ClamAV pointing to
> those two directories.

No, i would like to have one signel occurence of ClamAV using both
directories if that is possible.

Re: [clamav-users] Segregating database definitions in different subdirectories [ In reply to ]
Il 2019-05-15 8:23 Olivier via clamav-users ha scritto:
>> What's the reason for segregation? You can easily add your own
>> unofficial signatures to the regular directory to have ClamAV use them
>> all.
>
> Just to keep the things clean.
>
>> Otherwise you will have to run two occurrences of ClamAV pointing to
>> those two directories.
>
> No, i would like to have one signel occurence of ClamAV using both
> directories if that is possible.
You may create a link in Clamav directory pointing to your local
directory/file

gc

Re: [clamav-users] Segregating database definitions in different subdirectories [ In reply to ]
> But it seems that ClamAV only reads the general directory and does not
> recurse to my local defnition.

If you do them as yara rules, you can create just one file in the main
clamav directory which can contain a list of 'includes' that can be
any path you want to multiple files (assuming file / directory
permissions and all that good stuff are valid)...