I am new here and I don't know how to use drush or command line. Can I
still install clamav? Is there an installation guide for absolute beginners
like me?

I have a virus on my server and I have no idea where to begin to get rid of
it. I have four sites, all are personal sites and all are drupal.

Please guide me in the right direction.
Thank You
Yogiart
Re: [clamav-users] Installing question [ In reply to ]
> I am new here and I don't know how to use drush or command line. Can I
> still install clamav? Is there an installation guide for absolute beginners
> like me?

What OS? Windows there is an exe that has a GUI. Linux distro's
typically have their own packages which you would install through your
OS's package manager.

There's lots of guides out there, just have to google...

> I have a virus on my server and I have no idea where to begin to get rid of
> it. I have four sites, all are personal sites and all are drupal.

If drupal got exploited, you are going to have bigger issues and
probably more than what ClamAV will find.

https://github.com/vrtadmin/clamav-faq

http://www.clamav.net/contact.html#ml
Re: [clamav-users] Installing question [ In reply to ]
* MOHAMED OMAR MAKRAM via clamav-users:

> I have a virus on my server and I have no idea where to begin to get
> rid of it. I have four sites, all are personal sites and all are
> drupal.

If you are really certain that there is a virus on your server, my
recommendation is to re-install that server from scratch. Of course, you
need to be careful when restoring data from your backups not to include
the virus.

-Ralph

Re: [clamav-users] Installing question [ In reply to ]
I agree with What J.R. said regarding "bigger issues". ClamAV and other anti-malware tools may help you detect malware before it runs on your machine, but it is not sufficient to get rid of it if your system has already been compromised. It would be safest to rescue your data offline and reinstalling your operating system from scratch. Hopefully you have backups you can revert to, if a fresh reinstall isn't an option for you. This is personal advice, and I take no responsibility for any data loss you may incur. This mailing list is also not the best avenue for incident response advice.

For those wishing to use ClamAV, we do have step by step instructions to install ClamAV for a handful of operating systems using the materials we publish:

Windows - http://www.clamav.net/documents/installing-clamav-on-windows
Debian & Ubuntu - https://www.clamav.net/documents/installation-on-debian-and-ubuntu-linux-distributions
Redhat & CentOS - https://www.clamav.net/documents/installation-on-redhat-and-centos-linux-distributions
macOS - https://www.clamav.net/documents/installation-on-macos-mac-os-x

Regards,
Micah

Re: [clamav-users] Installing question [ In reply to ]
I do not know if the virus is on the server, in the files, or in the db.
Here is what I know:
Under each folder of each site, files appear with a name such as:
f68z319m.php
When visitors go to my websites, they get a message that the site is
unsecured

Does this information help identify the issue, or where to look for the
virus?

Thank you. I am really desperate for help.

On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 8:47 AM Micah Snyder (micasnyd) via clamav-users <

Re: [clamav-users] Installing question [ In reply to ]
> I do not know if the virus is on the server, in the files, or in the db.
> Here is what I know:
> Under each folder of each site, files appear with a name such as:
> f68z319m.php
> When visitors go to my websites, they get a message that the site is
> unsecured
>
> Does this information help identify the issue, or where to look for the
> virus?

Did you look at the contents of those files? Sounds like someone is
exploiting code to upload files which could then be used to do all
sorts of nasty things. That could be an issue with drupal or packages
on your system being out of date. Often that is just the first step
and once they upload one file they use it to upload a lot more in
hidden directories and modifying files and such...

I hope you have a recent backup...

Re: [clamav-users] Installing question [ In reply to ]
I've had this for few months. The only thing i was able to do is to pay for
virus protection but it is so expensive.
Is there a way to find those hidden files? Do you think they are in the
db or in the files?
I am moving out to another server right now. Is there a good process to do
this without copying the virus along with the files?

Thanks for your help

On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 10:13 AM J.R. via clamav-users <

--
*Mohamed Omar Makram, CPA*
*Osiris CPA, PLLC <http://tucson-az-cpa.com/>Tele: (520) 906-1863*
Re: [clamav-users] Installing question [ In reply to ]
There's almost nothing going on on your web site http://tucson-az-cpa.com/. It should be an easy job to restore it from whatever offline source you have.
If all you're worried about is "visitors to your site they get a message that the site is unsecured", I think getting https:// going is what you're after.
Maybe go and read https://letsencrypt.org/ .

Regards, Scott

I've had this for few months. The only thing i was able to do is to pay for virus protection but it is so expensive.
Is there a way to find those hidden files? Do you think they are in the db or in the files?
I am moving out to another server right now. Is there a good process to do this without copying the virus along with the files?

Thanks for your help
[Image removed by sender.]

Re: [clamav-users] Installing question [ In reply to ]
Thank you, Scott, but that is not the site I am worried about, and I don't
have a problem currently because I am paying for virus protection and a
firewall at $21 per month for each site.
I want to stop paying for a virus and a firewall for all my sites and move
it out from GoDaddy and put it into Hostgator. I am done with GoDaddy.
Right now you won't be able to see any issues because the virus-created
files are quarantined. The minute I stop paying for the virus scan and
firewall, even if I deleted those quarantined files, I will have them
coming back again and again.

My sites are:
https://www.twelvestepjournaling.com/
<https://llink.to/?u=https:%2F%2Fwww.twelvestepjournaling.com%2F&e=465642cfc9f048e98cc85ab6a7990aa6>

https://www.intentionalbeings.com/
<https://llink.to/?u=https:%2F%2Fwww.intentionalbeings.com%2F&e=465642cfc9f048e98cc85ab6a7990aa6>

https://www.cocreationsmanager.com/
<https://llink.to/?u=https:%2F%2Fwww.cocreationsmanager.com%2F&e=465642cfc9f048e98cc85ab6a7990aa6>

On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 10:58 AM SCOTT PACKARD via clamav-users <

Re: [clamav-users] Installing question [ In reply to ]
If the malware files keep returning, you better check your site permissions and extensions/modules on the site. Moving it to a different hosting company won’t fix it.

Terry