Mailing List Archive

[clamav-users] Update Issue after updating to 0.100.2
Hi clamav-users,

We are using clamav now for some years and we were able to solve all
issues ourself.

Now I can't figure out what the problem is. I did hours of research
without any good matches.

It starts occurring after update from 0.100.1 to 0.100.2.

We just updated, nothing else, kept previous configurations.

We are using the event "OnErrorExecute"

This event now triggers on like 80% on all systems.

Usually the output in freshclam.log looks like this:

Received signal: wake up
ClamAV update process started at Fri Mar  8 11:27:31 2019
main.cvd is up to date (version: 58, sigs: 4566249, f-level: 60,
builder: sigmgr)
Downloading daily-25382.cdiff [100%]
ERROR: Database load killed by signal 11
ERROR: Failed to load new database

Our configuration is without debug.

If I run "freshclam -v" the problem never happens.

So I am unable to get Debug output for this scenario.

You can find these ERROR Message in google, but they are very very old
and those issues don't share any similarities with our situations, at
least this is what I think. Maybe I am wrong.

On some systems I deleted all cache data/all sigs.

On those systems the scheduled updates downloaded everything until all
sigs were up2date. All good!

Few days later, the same issue occurred :/

Please advise me in how to continue in debugging or fixing.

Thanks a lot

Sébastien Tête
Re: [clamav-users] Update Issue after updating to 0.100.2 [ In reply to ]
Need to correct  my original msg. The update was from 0.100.2 to 101.1.

Re: [clamav-users] Update Issue after updating to 0.100.2 [ In reply to ]
Hi Sébastien,

Can you try enabling “Debug yes” in the freshclam.conf to get debug output?
This morning I also observed an issue with 0.101.0 loading the daily database, but wasn’t able to reproduce with 0.101.1 and am still uncertain what caused the error.

Micah