Mailing List Archive

Re: [clamav-users] Clamav 0.101.1 dosn't compile on solaris anymore.
On 21/02/2019 01:37, SCOTT PACKARD wrote:
> unixpackages.com uses gcc-3.4.6 and has clamav built, along with 20 dependency packages.
> Pointing it out because 'severely ancient' compilers aren't necessarily the issue here.

I'd completely forgotten about unixpackages - but they've only got
0.100.2... (And I remembered why I'd forgotten about them, not enough
value for money.)

Which is why I've gradually switched back to building anything important
on the Solaris boxes myself, the real compiler is free (support's
expensive, but we pay it), and building gcc still works (but when will
even that succumb to the "works on Ubuntu and Fedora" definition of
portable????).

Cheers,
Gary B-)