Mailing List Archive

FW: Use on Windows Server 2008 R2 x64
FYI - Thought I'd pass this on in case anyone encounters issues while
installing or updating ClamAV on Windows 64 bit.

As stated in my previous email, I was having problems getting some scheduled
tasks (i.e., FreshClam) to run. As it turns out, there was more than one
thing to fix.

I migrated from Windows Server 2003 32 bit to 2008 64 bit. I originally
copied the ClamD and FreshClam conf files from my old Windows 2003 ClamAV
install to my new 2008 64 bit install. Both are the same version of ClamAV
except one is 32 bit and the other is 64 bit. For some reason, the new
installation of ClamAV did not like the path I had previously specified for
the database in my old conf file even though it worked for Windows 2003 32
bit. For my new Clam AV install, I had to rename the database folder to
"Database" and comment out the path to it in the conf file.

The Windows 2008 task scheduler has a lot more options than Windows 2003.
Previously, I imported my 2003 scheduled tasks into 2008. The FreshClam task
and some other tasks failed. I had to go into each task and tick 'Run with
highest privileges'.

Some (not all) of the other tasks that use wget still failed. Simply
updating wget to a 64 bit version solved the problem.

Jeff