same message.

Is this a clamav issue or a cygwin issue?

Geoff Partridge

Re: clamd.sock error [ In reply to ]
Geoff Partridge wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> we are using the SOSDG win32 port of Clamav (cygwin) reliably for many
> years now as a network stream scanner for our mailserver.
>
> In the last few days we have been getting this error:
>
> ERROR: LOCAL: Socket file /cygdrive/c/clamav-devel/clamd.sock could not
> be bound: Invalid argument (unlink tried)
>
> So we installed the latest version to another 2003 server, and ran this
> for an hour and again the mail stops being scanned and the log shows the
> same message.
>
> Is this a clamav issue or a cygwin issue?

Which version are you using exactly?

--
Brielle Bruns
http://www.sosdg.org / http://www.ahbl.org
Re: clamd.sock error [ In reply to ]
Hello.

I don't have any problem's with my clamav 0.92.1. I have clamav installation
on my Win 2003 for about year and the only "problem" i had was to update the
clamav program. I also use different mail server. Perhaps this is the
problem.

regard's

Re: clamd.sock error [ In reply to ]
Hi there,

The current installed version is 0.92.1-2

Regards,

Geoff Partridge

Re: clamd.sock error [ In reply to ]
On 10 Apr 2008 at 12:49, Geoff Partridge wrote:

> ERROR: LOCAL: Socket file /cygdrive/c/clamav-devel/clamd.sock could not
> be bound: Invalid argument (unlink tried)

I don't see this error in a fresh install of the 0.93 version. Does the socket have a
meaning on any Windows Clamav version?

(I usually disable the socket in clamd.conf when I enable the TCP port.)

paul

Re: clamd.sock error [ In reply to ]
Paul Whelan wrote:
> On 10 Apr 2008 at 12:49, Geoff Partridge wrote:
>
>> ERROR: LOCAL: Socket file /cygdrive/c/clamav-devel/clamd.sock could not
>> be bound: Invalid argument (unlink tried)
>
> I don't see this error in a fresh install of the 0.93 version. Does the socket have a
> meaning on any Windows Clamav version?
>
> (I usually disable the socket in clamd.conf when I enable the TCP port.)
>
> paul

Yes, the socket is used as an alternative to the TCP port, and in some
cases, works more reliably. The batch files I included in the
C:\clamav-devel take care of deleting stale socket files on startup.

Re: clamd.sock error [ In reply to ]
On 21 Apr 2008 at 12:11, Brielle Bruns wrote:

> Yes, the socket is used as an alternative to the TCP port, and in some
> cases, works more reliably. The batch files I included in the
> C:\clamav-devel take care of deleting stale socket files on startup.

Thanks, that's interesting. I use clamd socket on linux, but never on Win.

paul