Mailing List Archive

Build ClamAV Statically including dependencies
Hi

in https://www.mail-archive.com/clamav-users@lists.clamav.net/msg51195.html
there is a link to a method of building ClamAV and its dependencies
statically. I've had no success at building via the method suggested in the
Dockerfile and build script. There appears to be an error with one of the
dependencies being missing... I guess stemming from the move to 1.2.0-rc.

I've replicated the bulk of the steps, including targeting the .a static
library objects against a copy of the source for 1.1.0, however the only
libraries that are statically compiled in are the clamav related ones. All
the others are still being picked up at runtime, or by running ldd on the
generated binaries.

Here is an example of the chnage
https://github.com/Cisco-Talos/clamav-docker/compare/main...sfozz:clamav-docker:static_example

and the output from ldd for the binaries build using this Dockerfile
https://gist.github.com/sfozz/5017ca7b24cd785747cdd390033c4436

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Steve

--
*Steve Foster | Cloud Architect*
The Media Suite Ltd

Office Phone: +64 3 365 2887
Support: support@mediasuite.co.nz
Re: Build ClamAV Statically including dependencies [ In reply to ]
Hi Steve,

If you install mussels, you should be able to build with

msl build clamav_deps -t host-static
msl build clamav -t host-static

Does that not work for you?

Thanks,

[...]