Mailing List Archive

Bitdefender Antivirus Plus slows down my computers to a crawl
Subject: Bitdefender Antivirus Plus slows down my computers to a crawl

Good day from Singapore,

When I was using Windows 10 Home on my home desktop computer,
Bitdefender Antivirus Plus slows down my home computer (and also my
Aftershock gaming laptop) to a crawl.

[1] Opening Google Chrome web browser took a very long time.

[2] Opening websites took a very long time (Google Chrome tabs are
frequently not responding).

[3] Opening MP4 and other videos with VLC video player took a very long time.

Uninstalling Bitdefender Antivirus Plus could not solve the
performance degradation issue.

I was forced to upgrade to Windows 11 Home. But it is free.

Bitdefender Antivirus Plus worked well with Windows 11 Home for a while.

After some time, it began to slow down my computer again.

[1] Opening Google Chrome web browser took a very long time.

[2] Opening websites took a very long time (Google Chrome tabs are
frequently not responding).

[3] Opening MP4 and other videos with VLC video player took a very long time.

This time round, I was able to solve the issue by uninstalling
Bitdefender Antivirus Plus. But I had to uninstall all the 3
components, namely, Bitdefender Antivirus Plus, Bitdefender VPN, and
Bitdefender Agent. You must uninstall Bitdefender Agent component to
solve the performance degradation issue.

My Windows 11 Home computer is able to go back to blazing fast speeds
after uninstalling Bitdefender Antivirus Plus completely.

When can we have ClamAV Antivirus for Windows 10/11 with Real Time
Protection together with Ransomware Protection? I realize that I
cannot use Bitdefender Antivirus Plus any more, because it will slow
down my computers again. I have wasted my money purchasing Bitdefender
Antivirus Plus.

I am hoping Cisco will develop ClamAV Antivirus for Windows 10/11 with
Real Time Protection together with Ransomware Protection. But I have
no idea when that will happen.

Thank you.

Regards,

Mr. Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming
Targeted Individual in Singapore
Blogs:
https://tdtemcerts.blogspot.com
https://tdtemcerts.wordpress.com
GIMP also stands for Government-Induced Medical Problems.