Mailing List Archive

ClamAV for AlpineLinux
Hi Team,

This is Tri from Cepheid. I would like to ask the team a question about installing ClamAV into out application docker image and run it.
The description is below:

I have a dockerfile to build a docker image which is our application image based on AlpineLinux image. Now I want to install ClamAV into this docker imageand run the scan. Can you help me how can I do that?
I basically added the below to my dockerfile

RUN apk --no-cache add clamav clamav-libunrar \

&& mkdir /run/clamav \

&& chown clamav:clamav /run/clamav && \

rm -rf /var/cache/apk/* /usr/src/*

EXPOSE 3310

EXPOSE 7357

RUN freshclam --quiet && \

clamscan
I am not sure that is correct or do I need to add more thing here.

Thank you
Tri Tran

Please be advised that this email may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us by email by replying to the sender and delete this message. The sender disclaims that the content of this email constitutes an offer to enter into, or the acceptance of, any agreement; provided that the foregoing does not invalidate the binding effect of any digital or other electronic reproduction of a manual signature that is included in any attachment.

Please submit your patches to our Bugzilla: http://bugzilla.clamav.net

https://github.com/vrtadmin/clamav-faq

http://www.clamav.net/contact.html#ml
Re: ClamAV for AlpineLinux [ In reply to ]
Hi there,

On Sat, 31 Aug 2019, Tran, Tri wrote:

> ... I am not sure that is correct or do I need to add more thing here.

I do not use Docker, but I guess it depends on _exactly_ what you want
to use ClamAV to do.

If you were to tell us, that might help us to answer your questions.

--

73,
Ged.

Re: ClamAV for AlpineLinux [ In reply to ]
Hi Tri,

Your question is more of a usage / user type question than development question (this is the list for collaboration on development tasks). You may have better luck asking in the clamav-users mailing list, as it will reach a larger audience.

Clamscan is more manual than your traditional desktop antivirus software. It only scans specific files or directories that you provide as input arguments. Simply calling clamscan is not enough. Clamscan also does not quarantine files that alert on its own.

Please review the man page for clamscan and the user manual to get more familiar with the options.

-Micah