Mailing List Archive

I am uncertain of the meaning of cl_engine_field members
Dear list,

I have updated my application (using libclamav), but I ran into a problem
when I tried to set some limits (used to use 'struct cl_limit').
Unfortunately the meaning of the following variables, see below, is a bit
un(der )documented - at least I couldn't find it.

So please tell me what is the meaning of the following options:

enum cl_engine_field {
CL_ENGINE_MAX_SCANSIZE, /* uint64_t */
CL_ENGINE_MAX_FILESIZE, /* uint64_t */
CL_ENGINE_MAX_RECURSION, /* uint32_t */
CL_ENGINE_MAX_FILES, /* uint32_t */
CL_ENGINE_MIN_CC_COUNT, /* uint32_t */
CL_ENGINE_MIN_SSN_COUNT, /* uint32_t */
CL_ENGINE_PUA_CATEGORIES, /* (char *) */
CL_ENGINE_DB_OPTIONS, /* uint32_t */
CL_ENGINE_DB_VERSION, /* uint32_t */
CL_ENGINE_DB_TIME, /* time_t */
CL_ENGINE_AC_ONLY, /* uint32_t */
CL_ENGINE_AC_MINDEPTH, /* uint32_t */
CL_ENGINE_AC_MAXDEPTH, /* uint32_t */
CL_ENGINE_TMPDIR, /* (char *) */
CL_ENGINE_KEEPTMP /* uint32_t */
};

Best regards,
Janos SUTO
Re: I am uncertain of the meaning of cl_engine_field members [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 27 May 2009 10:54:46 +0200 (CEST)
sj@datanet.hu wrote:

> Dear list,
>
> I have updated my application (using libclamav), but I ran into a problem
> when I tried to set some limits (used to use 'struct cl_limit').
> Unfortunately the meaning of the following variables, see below, is a bit
> un(der )documented - at least I couldn't find it.
>
> So please tell me what is the meaning of the following options:

Most of them are self-explanatory, also the source code of clamd and
clamscan should clear up any doubts. Which particular fields confuse you?

--
oo ..... Tomasz Kojm <tkojm@clamav.net>
(\/)\......... http://www.ClamAV.net/gpg/tkojm.gpg
Re: I am uncertain of the meaning of cl_engine_field members [ In reply to ]
Tomasz Kojm wrote:

> Most of them are self-explanatory, also the source code of clamd and
> clamscan should clear up any doubts. Which particular fields confuse you?

These:

CL_ENGINE_MAX_FILESIZE
CL_ENGINE_MAX_SCANSIZE
CL_ENGINE_MIN_CC_COUNT
CL_ENGINE_MIN_SSN_COUNT

Thank you,
Janos
Re: I am uncertain of the meaning of cl_engine_field members [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 27 May 2009 12:08:54 +0200
Janos SUTO <sj@datanet.hu> wrote:

> Tomasz Kojm wrote:
>
> > Most of them are self-explanatory, also the source code of clamd and
> > clamscan should clear up any doubts. Which particular fields confuse you?
>
> These:
>
> CL_ENGINE_MAX_FILESIZE

# Files larger than this limit won't be scanned. Affects the input file itself
# as well as files contained inside it (when the input file is an archive, a
# document or some other kind of container).
# Value of 0 disables the limit.

> CL_ENGINE_MAX_SCANSIZE

# This option sets the maximum amount of data to be scanned for each input file.
# Archives and other containers are recursively extracted and scanned up to this
# value.
# Value of 0 disables the limit

> CL_ENGINE_MIN_CC_COUNT

# This option sets the lowest number of Credit Card numbers found in a file
# to generate a detect.

> CL_ENGINE_MIN_SSN_COUNT

# This option sets the lowest number of Social Security Numbers found
# in a file to generate a detect.

--
oo ..... Tomasz Kojm <tkojm@clamav.net>
(\/)\......... http://www.ClamAV.net/gpg/tkojm.gpg
\..........._ 0DCA5A08407D5288279DB43454822DC8985A444B
//\ /\ Wed May 27 12:34:59 CEST 2009