Mailing List Archive

PLAR/RingDown to "9" PSTN access not working: a bug or by design? ; )
We have a requirement to provide ring down to PSTN on a few phones. I tried this out in our test centre with a blank translation to "9" and found that when I pick up the phone, I get an outside dial tone, but the dialed digits are searched according to the existing line+device calling search space as if I hadn't pressed 9 at all. What this means is that I can still dial DNs in any of the partitions included in my calling search space, and also, in order to dial out, I have to press 9 in order to match the 9.@ patterns.

From the looks of it, in order to get this working, I'll have to create a whole new batch of partitions and calling search spaces, but I don't think it will ever work as cleanly as simply pushing 9 yourself. More specifically, we will have a number of DNs in the <none> partition that we would like to keep there that will always be dialable.

What have others done to provide PSTN ringdown lines?

Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
Network Analyst (CCS) * University of Guelph * Guelph, Ontario N1G 2W1
(519) 824-4120 x56354 (519) 767-1060 FAX (JNHN)

"This signature may contain traces of nuts"