users/phones in that Cluster to be able to lookup users in my existing
cluster.

So when the user hit's directory-->Corporate directory, they can look me
up even those I'm homed to my San Francisco Cluster.

How can I sync the two directories automatically w/o manually entering
each one.

Thanks in advanced,

-=Vandy=-
RE: Call Manager Cluster Directory Syncing [ In reply to ]
IMHO -
depends on your motivation. I've seen all of the following, each with its
own pros and cons:

1. setup an ipphone service on cluster1 that points to cluster2's directory
URL

2. use BAT to export all users from cluster2 and import them to cluster1

3. integrate both clusters to AD, using different CiscoOU's, but using the
same user base

4. use the LDAP search in the ipphone services SDK to write your own LDAP
search page

/Wes

Re: Call Manager Cluster Directory Syncing [ In reply to ]
We've gone with option number four. Our development area customized it quite nicely. With a little work, you can actually use the IP address of the phone to display the numbers to dial correctly. For example, our LDAP directory has numbers/extensions from a number of areas around Ontario, some long distance. We've modified the numbers to work for our IP address by default, but the developers said by plugging in the subnet/ip address range of different locations, they would be able to plug in a 1+ area code where necessary.

Not sure if any of the other ways would have such flexibility to present the number based on the location of the phone.

Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A. lelio@uoguelph.ca.eh
Network Analyst (CCS)
University of Guelph FAX:(519) 767-1060 JNHN
Guelph, Ontario N1G 2W1 TEL:(519) 824-4120 x56354
remove the 1st letter of the canadian alphabet from my email, eh!