Mailing List Archive

H323 Gateway communication resolution..
Just a heads-up everyone.
Thanks to everyone who responded about my problem where inbound calls to
a H323 Gateway that passed through a PIX enroute to my CCM's would never
establish the session and ISDN would time out with a recovery on Timer
Expiry...

After tearing my hair out over this for a day or so I gave up and called
TAC,
They fixed it in 10 seconds..
What it was is that apparently the PIX plays games with the MTU, we had
to add the command

ip tcp path-mtu-discovery

After that it worked great
Thanks everyone!!

Marc Hering

Network Engineer

The Gale Company

100 Campus Drive

Suite 200

Florham Park, NJ 07932

Direct: 973.301.8209

Fax: 973.236.2150

www.thegalecompany.com <http://www.thegalecompany.com/>

The Gale Company is one of the largest real estate companies in the industry with a global portfolio exceeding 60 million square feet of office space. For more information contact 973-301-9500 or visit www.TheGaleCompany.com