Mailing List Archive

Qsig
I'm directing this more toward a Cisco person:

bug ID CSCec33755
http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/onebug.pl?bugid=CSCec33755+
&Submit=Search

I have a PBX connected to a cisco 2600 and originally tried to get it
working with MGCP. The Tac engineer said:

*************************

"After talking with our software developers I found we do not support
ECMA qsig. We only support ISO qsig. And for the basic call feature we
comply with the 3rd edition (2000) . Make sure your PBX qsig software
is not using the 1995 version if when using ISO qsig you still get same
problem.

Also apparently there are two versions of ECMA qsig one is kind of
similar to ISO qsig so that would be why your local calls work but
external calls do not."

So Based on this bug ID, do I understand that I should now be able to
use MGCP? I would really like to get away from having to use H323. How
do I find out; open a TAC case?

How do I find out which call signing MGCP supports with Qsig?

Thanks

Scott