Can I configure in order to use two or three protocols at the same time on gw?
Thanks
ismail

Re: MGCP, SIP and H.323 [ In reply to ]
Hello Ismail,

On Tue, Jul 27, 2004 at 12:04:02AM -0700, Ýsmail CAN wrote:
>Hello,
>
>We have Cisco AS5350 Universal Gateways.
>I want to learn whether gw supports at the same time two or three protocols.( MGCP, SIP and H.323) or not.

We have Cisco 5300 and it works with SIP and h323 configured, and it
answers to MGCP.
Our major protocols are H323 and SIP, so I can tell you about these two
protocols first. In dial-peer configuration for outbound voip calls they
differs only by "session protocol" command.
The default protocol is h323, but you can force dial-peer to SIP using
"session protocol sipv2".
Major IOSes allows to receive calls by SIP using the same dial-peers as
for h323 calls.

About the MGCP. I know that you can use it with another protocols like
SIP ans H323. But as I know, for MGCP you will need PRI with MGCP
signalling. In out lab we made such signalling using pair 5300-5300.

controller E1 3
framing NO-CRC4
pri-group timeslots 1-31 service mgcp
gw-accounting aaa

But I'm not sure that in this schema we can receive calls on second
gateway and send them using H323 or SIP.
If you know much more better how to set up MGCP on c53xx -- give me to know.

>For example, if gw communicates with softswitch with MGCP and can it communicate with gk or another gw with H323 or SIP.
>
>Can I configure in order to use two or three protocols at the same time on gw?

I need more details about what are you going to configure.

--
Oleg Shevtsov
Chief of NOC InterExchange Carrier