Mailing List Archive

CCME and CCM Integration
Hey all, I have a strange question,
I have a CCM which serves my main offices, We just inherited a site
office that has a CCME running on a 3725 with a CUE module, I updated
CCME and CUE to the latest versions and am now trying to integrate them
I am having a strange problem however,

I setup the proper dial peers in CCME to point to my CCM for our
internal extensions and set the CCME router to be an H323 gateway in my
CCM along with the dial patterns needed.

When I dial the 4 digits it rings through, but I get no display names,
and if the person on the CCME side does not answer it rings busy it
never transfers to CUE. (If you call from ccme to ccme it works fine)

This is running through a PIX firewall, and I have all the Skinny ports
open for CCME and CUE but I am stumped as to why this won't work.

Should I just move em over to CCM? (If so does 3.2 use Skinny as it's
protocol or is it SIP? I need to know so I can reprogram the firewall to
allow communications)

Thanks in advance!

Marc Hering

Network Engineer

The Gale Company

100 Campus Drive

Suite 200

Florham Park, NJ 07932

Direct: 973.301.8209

Fax: 973.236.2150

www.thegalecompany.com <http://www.thegalecompany.com/>

The Gale Company is one of the largest real estate companies in the industry with a global portfolio exceeding 60 million square feet of office space. For more information contact 973-301-9500 or visit www.TheGaleCompany.com
Re: CCME and CCM Integration [ In reply to ]
Not sure about display names, but if you have connectivity to your CCM
from the CME, I would definetly look into SRST before deciding to
upgrade the CME to CCM. SRST will not require any hardware
adjustments. Only, I beleive a IOS change on the 3725 and perhaps some
minor licensing for the phones.

You said that the 3725 CME is configured as a H323 gateway for the CCM
as well? I think that might be causing some of the issues with VM
coverage.(and maybe even the disply names). If I understood the setup
correctly, I believe that typicly when you want to network multiple
independant systems, you simply just create the routes/dial-peers,
between the gateways on each system. Having the CME as a gateway for
the CCM, I would expect it would cause some potential conflicts.

--
Nick Marus
nmarus@gmail.com
RE: CCME and CCM Integration [ In reply to ]
Yes but you have to setup the gateway in CCM or it won't know how to
route the calls when nyou dial the digits.. :)

Re: RE: CCME and CCM Integration [ In reply to ]
Marc,

Regarding "and if the person on the CCME side does not answer it rings busy it
never transfers to CUE," I just ran into this on a new CME deployment - since CME talks to CUE via SIP, you have to use loopback-dns to get an inbound h323 call to hit CME.

Take a look here:
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios123/123newft/123t/123t_7/cme31sa/cme31lb.htm

Regards,

Eric