like that. Does any CM version support something like this?

Thanks

Scott
Re: Shared line [ In reply to ]
Consider a SIP deployment using www.asteriskpbx.org as a soft
pbx replacement.

You should be able to set up a h.323 or SIP trunk btw asterisk
and your CM deployment without too many problems..

- jared

Jared Mauch | pgp key available via finger from jared@puck.nether.net
clue++; | http://puck.nether.net/~jared/ My statements are only mine.
RE: Shared line [ In reply to ]
CallManager 4.0 supports having a shared line take multiple calls.

________________________________

RE: Shared line [ In reply to ]
So in 4.0 -- 3 different phones can take three different calls, one on
each phone? What is this feature called?

RE: Shared line [ In reply to ]
1. AC Huntgroup should actually work. Configure AC to route to specific
directory numbers, not by user+line number. then configure each line to
CFNA back to the pilot point. Use "longest idle" routing order.

2. ICD with ipphone agent.

3. CM 4.0 has line groups where you can use the "broadcast" algorightm.
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_admini
stration_guide_chapter09186a00801ecf7c.html#30574

/Wes

Re: Shared line [ In reply to ]
What I've found in the past is that you have to define very clearly what you want to happen, and then work from there. Rather than using the features and trying to make them fit. It would be great to have everyone able to pick up the shared line, or have it work - but in my opinion, it's a shared line, while it's being used, not sure how (or even if I would want) it to work as an independant line.

From what I hear, here's my take on how I would make things work

Set 1: Line 1 (personal)
Set 1: Line 2 (DID proxy)

Set 2: Line 1 (personal)
Set 2: Line 2 (DID proxy)

Set 3: Line 1 (personal)
Set 3: Line 2 (DID proxy)

The DID would be a translation or CTI routepoint which is forwarded to Set1:Line2, and each proxy line would be FWD busy and FWD N/A to the next available DID proxy line. Call waiting would be turned off on those proxy lines. Set3Line3 could be FWD busy and n/a to set1:Line1 or to voicemail.

To make things work a little better, giving people the option to forward lines, move the proxy lines as the first line and the personal line as the second. This gives people the option to forward the proxy line immediately to the next in line.

What you don't get with this is even distribution, but you could use a hunt group for that easily enough.

Granted, it may not solve everything, but it should do pretty good.