Could anybody light me up?

Thanks in advance,
Thomas
Re: T.37 and capacity [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 ewc@axelero.hu wrote:

> I would like to know how many concurrent on/off-ramp faxes could be
> received/sent with an AS5300 and also with AS5350.

Not many :)

I have some experience setting up OffRamp on a 5400HPX. I think we maxed
out the CPU at around 100-120 simultaneous outgoing faxes.

> How is possible that an 1750 can handle up to 192 S&F sessions?

That's got to be a mistake or misunderstanding. How could you even get
192 modems (to dial/send/receive faxes) into a 1750?

What's your desired application for faxing? If broadcast, forget cisco
right now. The way their SMTP server / fax rendering engine works is
horribly inefficient if you're sending the same fax to many recipients.
Their access-servers are only capable of driving a small fraction of their
modems as off-ramp devices before the CPU just runs out of steam.

Jon Lewis | I route
Senior Network Engineer | therefore you are
Atlantic Net |