Best Regards,
ismail can
intersan networks

Re: as5350 ss7 [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Jun 04, 2004 at 11:45:56AM -0700, Ýsmail CAN wrote:
=> Hi everyone,
=> I am ismail from turkey. I am new in this forum.
=> I need your help. I must configure an AS5350 with SS7 in the E1 port
=> (controller E1). Does anyone have a sample configuration file or something
=> about configuring SS7 on Cisco's AS5350?

If things haven't change recently there, AS5350 isn't able to handle SS7
signalling by itself. It can be used to interact with the SS7
network as a part of SC2200/PGW suit for what it's worth.

--
k.
Re: as5350 ss7 [ In reply to ]
I don't have the configuration but as far as I know, it can handle ss7
using the necessary hardware (cards) on the router.

RE: as5350 ss7 [ In reply to ]
Hi,
I have seen this but never have tried in real senarios.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1839/products_feature_guid
e09186a00800b6ab9.html
<BLOCKED::http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1839/products_fe
ature_guide09186a00800b6ab9.html>

Seems it is working on one acess sever only too. I am not sure about C7
version but it have to work on SS7.

With best regards,
Hooman Parta

_____

Re: as5350 ss7 [ In reply to ]
This is not a complete solution, just a signaling gateway. It is
just a method of transporting the SS7 signaling to a media gateway
controller (MGC). You still need an MGC to provide call control.

-Vance

} I have seen this but never have tried in real senarios.
}