Mailing List Archive

CM 4.0 vs 3.3
I'm currently running 3.3.4 I will be replacing our ICS 7750 with three
78xx's this summer.

Do I stay with 3.3.x or do I upgrade to 4.x? What are the pros and
cons. I know 4.x does video, but at what cost? How stable has 4.x been
for everyone? If anyone has done an upgrade, what do you miss or really
like.

All comments are greatly appreciated.

Scott Voll

Network Analyst, CCNA

Willamette ESD

IP Phone: (503) 385-4571

scott.voll@wesd.org <mailto:scott.voll@wesd.org>

Confidential

This E-Mail and any attachments transmitted with it are property of
Willamette ESD and/or its affiliates, are confidential, and are intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to which this E-Mail is
addressed. If you are not one of the named recipient(s) or otherwise
have reason to believe that you have received this E-Mail in error,
please notify me at scott.voll@wesd.org and delete this E-Mail and any
attachments. Any other use, retention, forwarding, printing, or copying
of this E-Mail is strictly prohibited.
CM 4.0 vs 3.3 [ In reply to ]
I'm in a similar situation, running CCM3.3(4). I've ordered 4.0 primarily
to explore the video features, which could have real benefits to us.
However, I will have to continue the voice/messaging system production
environment [nothing fancy - Pub/Sub/Unity/Exchange] as well. Our lab is
our production system, so if the underlying 4.0 system isn't ready for prime
time, I'd really like to know.

Mike Armstrong
UF/IFAS CREC
863-956-5891

RE: CM 4.0 vs 3.3 [ In reply to ]
I've done some 4.0. From what I've seen and heard, if you aren't doing anything CTI (Call center/ivr etc), it should be fine. The CTI stuff however still has some quirks that are being worked out.

I know Cisco has converted much of its own user base to 4.0 and the ones I've spoken to seem to like it, and also don't seem to have any issues (Callmanager is finally "feature rich", as some would say).