I wondered if cisco has a solution comparable to CCM under windows but
not under windows.

We choosed CME but it still lack of features, and we plan to install
more phones so it will become necessary to upgrade, but a windows based
solution is absolutly not possible.

Any pointer?

Regards

Goyman
RE: CME, call forward and ldap [ In reply to ]
Hi Goyman,

For a custom LDAP directory, the phones simply display XML content served
from a web server. You could use the directories URL configuration to have
the phones retrieve your custom web page:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_conf
iguration_guide_chapter09186a00801f125b.html#wp2175456

For the required XML formatting used by the ipphones, this is discussed in
the ipphone services SDK:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_data_sh
eet09186a00800925a8.html

Callforwarding not working, sounds like a bug with CME. We are
investigating. If you could open a Cisco TAC case and provide the IOS
version and 7920 phone load that would help considerably.

Callmanager 5.x will be ported to the linux platform. Check with your Cisco
Account team for timeframe, availability, and features.

/Wes

RE: CME, call forward and ldap [ In reply to ]
Non-windows based CM --> I'm told that ver 5 is going to be the first
ver that will also load on something other then windows.

What kind of LDAP are you trying to use. CM supports Active Directory
and Netscape DS.

The 7920 is still a fairly new phone. I would not surprise me if it's a
CM issue.

Scott

Re: CME, call forward and ldap [ In reply to ]
Sorry,

I made a spelling mistake.
It's a 7902 phone.

Regards