Mailing List Archive

LFI configuration question
Hello,

My name is Laur Ivan and I am trying to find some questions about using VoIP
with LFI. I have read various documents dealing with LFI/multilink ppp/ip
rtp.

In "Configuring Link Fragmentation and Interleaving for Multilink PPP" page
QC-213, Step 4 refers to the creation of the rtp queue via "ip rtp reserve".
My question is: what happens if the rtp actual bandwidth is greater than the
reserved bandwidth? The document states "If the bandwidth exceeds the limit
specified, the reserved (ie rtp) queue is degraded to a best-effort queue".
imo, this statement is a bit vague: for how long is the queue degraded? Can
it ever come back from the BE state to higher priority? Is it a typo meaning
that the policer just redirects the "extra" packets to the BE queue?

I have found an alternative "ip rtp priority" which is reccommended to be used
instead "ip rtp reserve". However, the queue created with "ip rtp priority"
drops the exceeding packets...

Thank you in advance,

Laur