hi,
i am working on project merging voice and data into same data network. with keeping the PBX in place we have 10000 phone extensions. i have a problem to choose the right gateway between PBX and a data network.
thanks

migrtaion to VoIP [ In reply to ]
hi,

RE: migrtaion to VoIP [ In reply to ]
What are you planning to do with the Router? Is it going to interface
with the PSTN? How many calls are going to go over the gateway? What
kind of interfaces do you need?

Scott

i am working on project merging voice and data into same data network.
with keeping the PBX in place we have 10000 phone extensions. i have a
problem to choose the right gateway between PBX and a data network.

thanks

_____

Do you Yahoo!?
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mailtag_us/*http:/antispam.yahoo.com/tools>
Re: migrtaion to VoIP [ In reply to ]
Months ago I did the same what you are describring here.

We had a PBX (Siemens HiComm), connected via ISDN PRI to the Telco. What I did is, I took a Cisco AS 5350 with 2 x E1s and
interconnected like that:

PBX <---- PRI ----> AS 5350 <---PRI----> PSTN

then you can interconnect all kind of VoIP equipment to the AS 5350 and extend your VoIP network.

However you did not mention a lot of details. At least the brand of your PBX and the type of lines (analog/PRI).