Mailing List Archive

E&M channel banks interfaced with Gateway
dear list,

i just want to know wheter channel banks support or route calls to the specific ports.
i plan to purchase E&M channel banks which will be interfaced to VSAT and then to voice Gateway.

the setup is like this

E&M trunks E1
many remote PBX with E&M trunks > VSAT ---------------------- VSAT > 30ports E&M channel bank ---------- VoiceGateway ---- VOIP

i think there wont be any problem in out going calls from the remote PBX extensions. But How does Incoming call work??
in the sense how does channel bank knows which remote PBX it has to send the call...
our GW simply routes all the calls to the Channel banks . how can be implemented???
does channel bank should support DID?? All i want is how the channel bank will indentify the incmong call is for specific remote PBX.

for ex i have remote1 with PBX extensions 02210 20 XXX where XXX are extensions of the PBX, in the same way i have another remote2
with PBX extensions 02210 30 XXX . Now there is incmong call from the Public network for 02210 20 XXX, our Voice gateway simply route the with 02210 calls to this channel bank connected to E1. now how does the channel bank manuplate or send to remote1 exactly...
iam bit confused...would the channel bank have any option for this??

pls kindly reply your suggestions and guidence .

thanks
kind regards
karthi