Mailing List Archive

VoIP - cRTP and VPN Tunnels
Hi all. I would like to get some clarificatons on whether cRTP compresses
the IP/UDP/RTP headers after the voice traffic has been encrypted. I need
to know whether I should be creating the IPSec site-to-site VPN tunnel from
with the firewall (Watchguard V10) that is sitting behing the Cisco 1721
router or create the tunnel from within the Cisco router itself. I am not
sure if I create the VPN tunnel from within the firewall whether cRTP
configured on the router can still compress the IP/UDP/RTP headers for
traffic that is encrypted. Can someone please clarify this for me.

Thanks.

Mario Puras
SoluNet/SoluServe TAC Lead
Web Address: www.solunet.com
Mailto: mpuras@solunet.com
Direct: (321) 309-1410
Fax: (321) 676-1287
Toll Free: 888.449.5766 (USA) / 888.SOLUNET (Canada)