Mailing List Archive

IOS MGCP GW without CCM
Hi,
I was interested if anybody had configured a Cisco IOS MGCP gateway to talk to
a call agent other then CCM.

What I'm trying to achieve is to have a 2651 with a NM HDV E1 in it connected
to our PBX.

If I place a call from the PSTN to the Gateway I can see the MGCP events on
the Cisco router but the call is not forwarded to the E1.

I have tried several different configurations for this, I have used DS0 groups
and I have tried PRI groups none of which seems to work, there are some
configuration examples on CCO for Trunk gateways but this implies you need to
be able to speak ISUP.

If anyone could give me some advice or pointers to documentation I would
appreciate it.

Thanks in advance...

Regards,

Steven Godfrey
Network Development Manager
InTechnology plc - Secure Offsite Data
Head Office: Nidderdale House, Beckwith Knowle, Harrogate, HG3 1SA.
www.intechnology.co.uk

CitC Virus Scanning Service powered by SkyLabs. For further information visit
http://www.citc.it

___
RE: IOS MGCP GW without CCM [ In reply to ]
Steve--

Is there any reason for not using H323?

What kind of PBX are you running? We have a Tadiran and it's call
process protocol was not supported by MGCP so we had to make ours an
h323 gateway.

Scott