Hello

I'm expecting problems during upgrade to 3.3(3) .

I'm running CCM 3.3(2) and during the upgrade on Publisher , when I'm
trying to install call manager it fails with error 1603 and no other
message. He roles back and finish installation . It is happening every
time.

Do anybody have this kind of problem ?

Best regards.
RE: Upgrade CCM 3.3(2) to 3.3(3) [ In reply to ]
Please run the 3.3(3) upgrade assistant before attempting to upgrade to
3.3(3).
Resolve all of the issues reported, and then attempt the upgrade to 3.3(3).

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Software/Tablebuild/doftp.pl?ftpfile=cisco/voic
e/callmgr/3.3/CCMUpgdAsstInstall_3-3-3a.exe&swtype=FCS&software_products_url
=%2Fcgi-bin%2Ftablebuild.pl%2Fcallmgr-33&isChild=&appName=&tbtype=callmgr-33

(cisco.com->software center->voice software->Callmanager
3.3 ->CCMUpgdAsstInstall_3-3-3a.exe

I feel pretty certain that will identify what needs updating on your server
before you can perform a successful 3.3(3) install,
but just in case it doesn't, here's some more research on your error
message:

CSCeb71414

Symptom:
The Call Manager 3.3(3) failed to install with "Pending file operations are
occurring.
Reboot the server and then install Cisco Call Manager." This is not the
problem as much
as is the fact that after clicking ok to this message I received
"msiexec.exe:1603:
Fatal error during installation."

Condition:

This occurred on a freshly installed system with OS 2000.2.4.. It also has
Mcafee
and the dat had just been updated to the latest version.

Work Around:
Reboot the system and try re-running the install

This bug is dup'd to CSCeb59920, which is a request to make the error
message
intelligible. All of the verification suggests changing the registry to
make
the server appear to have an incorrect OS version, so it sounds like you
are not running the correct OS version to install CCM 3.3(3).

There is also a note about pending file in use operations. File in use
operations are executed after a server reboot, so again, try a reboot.
If that does not resolve it, then investigate what file-in-use replacements
are pending. Do this by looking at the registry key:
HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\SessionManager\FileRenameOperations

/Wes