Mailing List Archive

Is there any place for TCL IVR discussion?
I'm looking for a mailing list or discussion group for Cisco TCL..

Anyone have any ideas?
Re: Is there any place for TCL IVR discussion? [ In reply to ]
Kyle Stone wrote:

> I'm looking for a mailing list or discussion group for Cisco TCL..
>
> Anyone have any ideas?

I don't know, but it seems that not many cisco people (IRC channels etc)
even know the it is possible to run TCL scripts on cisco.

I just spent the last 3 days teaching myself CiscoTCL as I could not
find anyone who knew anything about it.

Cheers

Peter
Re: Is there any place for TCL IVR discussion? [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 01:15:13AM +0200, Peter Nixon wrote:
> Kyle Stone wrote:
>
> >I'm looking for a mailing list or discussion group for Cisco TCL..
> >
> >Anyone have any ideas?
>
> I don't know, but it seems that not many cisco people (IRC channels etc)
> even know the it is possible to run TCL scripts on cisco.
>
> I just spent the last 3 days teaching myself CiscoTCL as I could not
> find anyone who knew anything about it.

Greetings,

I'm the operator of the machine the list is hosted on.

Seems to me that this list would be a fine forum for such
discussions.

- Jared

--
Jared Mauch | pgp key available via finger from jared@puck.nether.net
clue++; | http://puck.nether.net/~jared/ My statements are only mine.
Re: Is there any place for TCL IVR discussion? [ In reply to ]
On Friday 12 December 2003 06:14, Jared Mauch wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 01:15:13AM +0200, Peter Nixon wrote:
> > Kyle Stone wrote:
> > >I'm looking for a mailing list or discussion group for Cisco TCL..
> > >
> > >Anyone have any ideas?
> >
> > I don't know, but it seems that not many cisco people (IRC channels etc)
> > even know the it is possible to run TCL scripts on cisco.
> >
> > I just spent the last 3 days teaching myself CiscoTCL as I could not
> > find anyone who knew anything about it.
>
> Greetings,
>
> I'm the operator of the machine the list is hosted on.
>
> Seems to me that this list would be a fine forum for such
> discussions.

Yep. In future if I have emailable questions I will ask them here. As it was I
managed to teach myself everything I needed to get the job done by reading
cisco.com and www.tcl.tk

I do have a question about "signing" cisco TCL scripts though. I found a
Solaris binary called "lockScript" on a cisco ftp site, but I am looking for
the same thing for Linux. Does anyone know where to find it? I no longer have
any Sun boxes in my posession. I would even settle for a windows binary (even
though that means installing windows on a machine somewhere)

Cheers

--

Peter Nixon
http://www.peternixon.net/
Re: Is there any place for TCL IVR discussion? [ In reply to ]
Peter Nixon wrote:

>On Friday 12 December 2003 06:14, Jared Mauch wrote:

>>>I don't know, but it seems that not many cisco people (IRC channels etc)
>>>even know the it is possible to run TCL scripts on cisco.
>>>
>>>I just spent the last 3 days teaching myself CiscoTCL as I could not
>>>find anyone who knew anything about it.
>>>

>> Greetings,
>>
>> I'm the operator of the machine the list is hosted on.
>>
>> Seems to me that this list would be a fine forum for such
>>discussions.
>>

>Yep. In future if I have emailable questions I will ask them here. As it was I
>managed to teach myself everything I needed to get the job done by reading
>cisco.com and www.tcl.tk
>
>I do have a question about "signing" cisco TCL scripts though. I found a
>Solaris binary called "lockScript" on a cisco ftp site, but I am looking for
>the same thing for Linux. Does anyone know where to find it? I no longer have
>any Sun boxes in my posession. I would even settle for a windows binary (even
>though that means installing windows on a machine somewhere)
>
>Cheers

To my understanding, it was only required to sign scripts in older
versions of IOS, before it was really considered stable. The utility
was released so that non-Cisco employees could run TCL scripts, and in
later version of IOS it's disabled. I didn't have to sign any of my
scripts to get them to run. I learned a fair bit from reading the
example TCL scripts available on Cisco's site, and what documentation is
available.

Also, one caveat to be warned of, if a call leg is in use, that's tied
to the script, and you update it, it can render that script unusuable
until the router is rebooted. In other words, don't write a tight loop
and call the leg. You'll have to reboot the router to use that script
profile again. I learned this the hard way.

Kyle Stone
Teledvance Technologies
Systems Engineer