Mailing List Archive

strange translation-rule behaviour
I have a Cisco 3660 with IOS c3660-is-mz.123-1a.bin
I configured 2 E1 interfaces back to back in order to test both of them.
I could send many test calls from other Gateways without problems but
when I tried to send calls to destination-pattern 9912 the calls did not
complete with reason "undefined number".
A debug isdn q931 showed that the called-number was being changed from
"9912" to "5"... but my translation rule was defined as follows:

translation-rule 1
Rule 1 ^9912 9915
Rule 2 ^12345 9915

Isn't it supposed to replace "9912" with "9915" as follows?
NOC3662x1#test translation-rule 1 9912
The replaced number: 9915

The rest of the configuration is below. Calls to 12345 can connect, but
calls to 9912 don't:

dial-peer voice 9912 pots
destination-pattern 9912
translate-outgoing called 1
port 1/0:15
!
dial-peer voice 9915 pots
destination-pattern 9915
direct-inward-dial
port 1/1:15
no register e164
!
dial-peer voice 9916 voip
destination-pattern 9915
translate-outgoing called 2
session target ipv4:A.B.C.D

dial-peer voice 12345 pots
destination-pattern 12345
translate-outgoing called 1
port 1/0:15

Is there something I'm missing, or this could be an IOS bug?

Thanks,

JP