Mailing List Archive

CallerID on Cisco Call Managers
hello list,

I'm new to this list, but have a question that I am hoping someone has
run into before. Here's the scenario:

1. We're currently pushing out caller ID for outbound calls without issue.
2. We would like to selectively block caller ID per extension (for our
sales group) when they are calling out.
3. We are use AT&T for voice PRI services

I have yet to find the feature/configuration combo that will allow me to
do this. I've tried setting the calling party mask to ********** which
successfully blocks caller ID to all called parties not also using AT&T.
However, if I call a buddy of mine that is also using AT&T for voice, he
sees **********, which is not what our sales folks want. They need the
ability to show up as unknown so that the folks they are cold calling
can not tell that they've tried 15 times and hung up prior to finally
getting through. I realize I can block caller ID for the whole site,
but that doesn't help since the other departments want to publish caller
ID. We only have abuot 10 extensions that need this blocked. On the
flip side, I've tried dialing 9*67<number> and just get a fast busy. So
I'm not sure if this is the call manager not routing that properly or if
when using AT&T w/PRI if *67 still blocks caller ID. I've tried
checking with our AT&T voice rep, but they're clueless. Any pointers in
the right direction would be great!

Thanks,
-Anthony

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this message and or attachments is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination, copying, or other use of this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this e-mail or its attachments in error, please contact the sender and delete the
material from any system and destroy any copies.