Mailing List Archive

Dead air but calls shows connected
Hi everyone! I am experiencing a problem. I am new to this IP
Telephone/VoIP stuff and really dont know much about how to debug this
issue. I have 4 FXS interfaces that are interconnected to my PBX here. I
have configured the PBX such that if I dial the extension or the full
qualified phone number to that remote office the traffic is passed to the
trunks associated with the FXS cards on the router. Once the router
receives this traffic the call is initiated to the remote office were it
terminates on 4 FXS cards and passed to another PBX from there. At the
begin of this setup everything was working fine. The issue that I am having
is that when I dial the remote office I see the call going out
(S_DIGIT_COLLECT, S_ALERTING, S_CONNECT) however I get dead silence. If I
put that call on hold and I dial the same extension again such that it is
going out another FXS port on the same VWIC the call goes through and I am
able to get the auto attendant at the remote office. Any help as to what
could be going on and how to fix it? Here is the config:

<snip>
voice-port 1/0/0
disconnect-ack
!
voice-port 1/0/1
disconnect-ack
!
voice-port 1/1/0
disconnect-ack
!
voice-port 1/1/1
disconnect-ack
!
!
mgcp profile default
!
dial-peer cor custom
!
!
!
dial-peer voice 1 pots
destination-pattern 32xxxx7947
port 1/0/0
!
dial-peer voice 2 voip
destination-pattern 30xxxx8748
session target ipv4:192.168.8.2
req-qos controlled-load
ip qos dscp ef signaling
!
dial-peer voice 3 pots
destination-pattern 32xxxx7947
port 1/0/1
!
dial-peer voice 4 pots
destination-pattern 32xxxx7947
port 1/1/0
!
dial-peer voice 5 pots
destination-pattern 32xxxx7947
port 1/1/1

I am running a 3620 router with 12.2(15)T7 IP Plus

Thanks,

Mario Puras
SoluNet Technical Support
Mailto: mpuras@solunet.com
Direct: (321) 309-1410
888.449.5766 (USA) / 888.SOLUNET (Canada)