Mailing List Archive

7206VXR Random Echo During Business hours only
I have a 7206 with a VXC-2TE1+ and a Channelized DS-3. 6 T-1's from the DS-3 connect to another location for Data IP only. 2 PRIs connect to the voice card.

I am getting random reports of Echo throughout the day. Some times on local or LD or Cell phone calls. At night I go through the echo troubleshooting procedures and all of my ERLs look great. I never see or hear echo at night. On some calls it is echo for the duration of the call, and some calls the echo comes and goes during the call.

The 6 T-1s are load balanced via EIGRP to the main site. Again, there is no VoIP going across these T's. I have noticed that the T-1's are getting hit pretty hard throughout the day.

Could the echo be caused by the gateway itself when data traffic is hitting it hard. I am thinking this slows the gateways ability to process VoIP/PSTN traffic. Gateway is running H.323. Someone has suggested MGCP could help my echo but it is not available.

Any thoughts??

Bill Carter