i have a 7200 with the above which is currently registered to the cm.
what i'd like to do is put each pri port into its own route group then
create a route list of the two groups. is this possible in this
situation? right now putting the gateway by itself into a route group
isn't possible as it doesn't show up as a possible addtion when creating
one, though I've heard that it won't show up if the gateway is already
defined for use in a dial pattern...

thanks
RE: 7200 VXB-2TE1 h323 gateway... [ In reply to ]
Sounds like you have your route pattern directly at the gateway
so the gateway is not eligible to be in a routegroup.
To get around it consider something like this:

change your route patter to point at a route list
(this frees the gateway to be added to a route group)

Then configure your gateway to be in the route groups you desire.

/Wes

Re: 7200 VXB-2TE1 h323 gateway... [ In reply to ]
thanks. one q remaining: once I do this will i have the ability to
add individual ports on the adaptor (there are two) to different route
groups?

thanks again.
jeff

RE: 7200 VXB-2TE1 h323 gateway... [ In reply to ]
Nope.

To be able to route specific calls to different ports you will
either need to get a bit creative with your dialplan.

Currently you probably have dial-peers with something like 9.T
going out both ports. Change this so 7.T goes out one port and 9.T goes
out the other port. Then use the Route Pattern/Route List/Route Group
in /CCMAdmin to strip/prepend the appropriate trunk access code.

/Wes

RE: 7200 VXB-2TE1 h323 gateway... [ In reply to ]
Oh, and then for the rest of the setup,
add the gateway to 2 different route groups with different
stip/prefix digits. Then point the Pattern->List to the appropriate group.

/wes

Re: 7200 VXB-2TE1 h323 gateway... [ In reply to ]
thanks. looks like tricky dialplan or wait unil MGCP comes out for the
7200s, which rumor has it is slated for Dec...

jeff