Mailing List Archive

Call Manager publisher - Database Communication Error
Cannot login to the GUI on the publisher but can on both subscribers.
cli to publisher and ran 'show tech dbstateinfo'
[Fatal Error] platformConfig.xml:187:16: Character reference "&#22" is an invalid XML character.

If I go to the output file 'showtechdbstate....txt I see the same fatal error as above

In the log file I have

dbims@xxx.rdcxxxx.xxx: User dbims@xxx.rdcxxxx.xxx's password is not correct format for the database server.
Password validation for user (dbims) failed!
Check for password aging/account lock-out

run utils dbreplication runtimestate
same invalid xml character error
Sync completed
All tables are in sync

When I logon to the Subscribers (GUI) and run the System report Unified CM Database Status I get

Source has failed due to source on xxx timing out
The publisher database cannot be reached
The local database cannot be reached

Kind of spinning my wheels as I am not sure where to start to get the publisher back into the happy world of the CCM cluster and remote users will be trying to connect via Jabber and my remote test fails.

Thanking you in advance for any assistance/direction you can provide.

Terry
Re: Call Manager publisher - Database Communication Error [ In reply to ]
platform config xml is created during install, which is something that TAC
will have to root in and modify / resolve for you.