Mailing List Archive

Re: [EXTERNAL] CUCM/IM&P upgrade to v14 - VM Hardware Version Change
We looked at this last year and the advice we got from several sources was to simply build new CUCM 14 VMs and use Prime Collab Deployment to do the migration of data from old to new. Then once you are up and running for a week or two, delete the old shutdown VMs. I’m pleased to say it was the best upgrade experience I’ve ever had in over 20 years of using this application. I highly recommend it and good to be on fresh new VMs built with a current template.

Jason

From: cisco-voip <cisco-voip-bounces@puck.nether.net> On Behalf Of Sean Riley
Sent: Friday, May 12, 2023 11:13 AM
To: cisco-voip@puck.nether.net
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [cisco-voip] CUCM/IM&P upgrade to v14 - VM Hardware Version Change

I am planning my upgrade from v11.?5 SU9 to v14 SU2 in the coming weeks. Looks like I need to update my vm’s to hardware version 13 and OS to CentOS 7 (64-bit). My question is around the timing of this change to the vm. Should this be

I am planning my upgrade from v11.5 SU9 to v14 SU2 in the coming weeks. Looks like I need to update my vm’s to hardware version 13 and OS to CentOS 7 (64-bit). My question is around the timing of this change to the vm. Should this be done before the upgrade to 14 or after?

Thank you.

Sean