Mailing List Archive

Re: [EXTERNAL] quick question about UCCX license
You should not need to restart but if I were you (out on vacation when the old license expires) I would restart both nodes during a maintenance window to make sure it likes the new license and verify license counts. I’ve had licenses issued before that had incorrect seat and feature counts. It’s very hard to work with Cisco on hard licenses for UCCX now as well. They are forcing everyone to smart licensing.

Jason

On Apr 11, 2023, at 12:07 PM, Terry Oakley <Terry.Oakley@rdpolytech.ca> wrote:

?
We just received an updated license for our UCCX cluster. (On pub one sub). I have loaded the license but want to confirm that to apply the license I need to restart the two VM’s or is there a command line that I can run to apply the

We just received an updated license for our UCCX cluster. (On pub one sub). I have loaded the license but want to confirm that to apply the license I need to restart the two VM’s or is there a command line that I can run to apply the license? Leaving on vacation in 4 days and the current license expires in 6 days hence the new license to apply and also why I am hoping my mind is mush and I am unsure of required steps.

Thank you in advance for your kind assistance.

Terry
Re: [EXTERNAL] quick question about UCCX license [ In reply to ]
Thank you all. I will restart everything as I have uploaded the new file and the old one is still being displayed. MAC and counts appear to match identically but will see what happens after the restart.

Terry

Re: [EXTERNAL] quick question about UCCX license [ In reply to ]
My experience has always been that the new licenses don’t take affect until the nodes are restarted, in other words the license could expire and you would continue to operate normally as long as the nodes were not restarted. I don’t recommend relying on that though. I remember one time in particular I got a new license and loaded it, months later I had to restart due to a reoccurring RTMT alert and when it came back up I found out the new key had been generated for like 15 seats instead of 150 or something like that. Was not a good situation. Last time I had to get a traditional license it was extremely difficult and had to pull out all the stops. We are now on UCCX smart licensing which is nice but it constantly goes in and out of authorization which is apparently just another “cosmetic bug” with SU2ES04.

Jason

Thank you all. I will restart everything as I have uploaded the new file and the old one is still being displayed. MAC and counts appear to match identically but will see what happens after the restart. Terry From: JASON BURWELL <JASON.?BURWELL@?foundersfcu.?com>

Re: [EXTERNAL] quick question about UCCX license [ In reply to ]
Specific License Reservation (SLR) is the best way to resolve the UCCX Smart Licensing defects. Once applied and rebooted you have blissful silence from the eternal Smart Licensing failures.

Re: [EXTERNAL] quick question about UCCX license [ In reply to ]
Thanks, I’ll look in to that. TAC’s solution was turn off RTMT alerts until they fix it in SU3 or SU3ES?

Jason

You don't often get email from jason.burwell@foundersfcu.com<mailto:jason.burwell@foundersfcu.com>. Learn why this is important<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/aka.ms/LearnAboutSenderIdentification__;!!B-T3N4lj-G-V!A2kDrFrWUgiV8E8CLaGeYXsZxrZ4IDwwDkYGngPQN4yLyqLY8M6OwoWjjsg1scYT8SXJMOhXSlwjnc5ctjn3ckML1w$>