Mailing List Archive

Re: [External] Re: how to disable backup warning message on cucm
If Veeam works the same way as NetBackUp, aka, takes a snapshot, then
you are going to start hearing stutter or maybe even dropped calls
during the snapshot. Worst case your pub/sub sync could become broken.
Don't do it!

--
Hunter Fuller (they)
Router Jockey

Office of Information Technology
The University of Alabama in Huntsville
Network Engineering

Re: [External] Re: how to disable backup warning message on cucm [ In reply to ]
To add, configuring an SFTP server is not all that hard. Either build a Linux box that includes SFTP or build a Windows box and use OpenSSH—both relatively inexpensive solutions.

Re: [External] Re: how to disable backup warning message on cucm [ In reply to ]
Any sort of IOWait spike will cause processes to core , phones and resources to lose registration , etc .

Re: [External] Re: how to disable backup warning message on cucm [ In reply to ]
+1 for not using Veeam or any other non supported backup method.

When it doesn’t work or causes production issues the customer is going to blame you.

Just Say No!

Re: [External] Re: how to disable backup warning message on cucm [ In reply to ]
Agreed, SFTP via linux or windows isn't hard, then VEEAM those, that's what
I advise my customers.