So… Jabber on my screen. I have multi-line. The second line is a shared line among my team. Someone picks up an incoming call on the second line. They place the call on hold and it pops up on my screen.

I need to do some in-depth research, but I can’t seem to find anything in the parameters guide or the phone/DN configuration pages. Is there a enterprise or service parameter?

It’s not going to go over well if we can’t change this. ?

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A. | Senior Analyst
Room 037 Animal Science & Nutrition Bldg | 50 Stone Rd E | Guelph, ON | N1G 2W1
519-824-4120 Ext. 56354 | lelio@uoguelph.ca<mailto:lelio@uoguelph.ca>

www.uoguelph.ca/ccs<http://www.uoguelph.ca/ccs> | @UofGCCS on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook

Re: shared line calls pop up on other people's Jabber when placed on hold [ In reply to ]
Let's take you way back...

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/4_2_1/ccmfeat/fsbarge.html#wp1068050

I did just try this with 1 physical phone and 1 Jabber CSF and it worked
for me on CUCM 11.5(1). YMMV.

519-824-4120 Ext. 56354 | lelio@uoguelph.ca<mailto:lelio@uoguelph.ca><mailto:lelio@uoguelph.ca<mailto:lelio@uoguelph.ca>>

www.uoguelph.ca/ccs<http://www.uoguelph.ca/ccs><http://www.uoguelph.ca/ccs> | @UofGCCS on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook

Re: shared line calls pop up on other people's Jabber when placed on hold [ In reply to ]
Technically it's privacy + privacy on hold, but it is in the barge section
of the guide.

Re: shared line calls pop up on other people's Jabber when placed on hold [ In reply to ]
Ok. Still haven’t looked into this, but from what I recall, “fixing” this would prevent me from picking up the call when placed on hold.

I was hoping for more of a Jabber setting that would prevent the pop up in your face when someone else placed the call on hold.

Hmmmm, but then how would I pick it up from Jabber?

Ugh.

-sent from mobile device-

Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A. | Senior Analyst
Room 037 Animal Science & Nutrition Bldg | 50 Stone Rd E | Guelph, ON | N1G 2W1<x-apple-data-detectors://1/0>
519-824-4120 Ext. 56354<tel:519-824-4120;56354> | lelio@uoguelph.ca<mailto:lelio@uoguelph.ca>

On Thu, Nov 21, 2019 at 10:28 AM Lelio Fulgenzi <lelio@uoguelph.ca<mailto:lelio@uoguelph.ca>> wrote:
Omg. I _knew_ it had something to do with the barge. Grrrrrr.

Will look into it… thx!

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A. | Senior Analyst
Room 037 Animal Science & Nutrition Bldg | 50 Stone Rd E | Guelph, ON | N1G 2W1
519-824-4120 Ext. 56354 | lelio@uoguelph.ca<mailto:lelio@uoguelph.ca>

www.uoguelph.ca/ccs<http://www.uoguelph.ca/ccs> | @UofGCCS on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook

<image001.png>

Re: shared line calls pop up on other people's Jabber when placed on hold [ In reply to ]
So... broadcast hunt group then?

Re: shared line calls pop up on other people's Jabber when placed on hold [ In reply to ]
OK. Just to follow up on this… I’m seeing mixed behaviours from running Jabber on different machines. All using my account, all with similar setups.

I thought it had to do with my machine being linked to the back of the phone, but I moved my main machine from behind the phone onto a wired connection.

The test laptops are wireless, and they don’t exhibit the same behavior. Next I will test with the laptops on wired. See if the same thing happens.

Very weird.

---

Re: shared line calls pop up on other people's Jabber when placed on hold [ In reply to ]
Laptops on wired connection on same switch exhibits popup behavior when call placed on hold on shared line.

Next test is to try wired on different switch.

I’m sure this is by design, but not sure the thought process behind it.

Lelio

---

Re: shared line calls pop up on other people's Jabber when placed on hold [ In reply to ]
Fyi:

There’s a “Bring call window to the front” option in Jabber which you can change to “Except when on hold”…… this will help.

To make this change:

Menu (gear icon)
Settings
Calls
Bring call window to the front:
Computer: Except when on hold (from drop down)

---