Any clues?

br
rolands
RE: [nsp] DHCP relay [ In reply to ]
Hi

>Hello!
>Does anybody know, how to delete host route which is created by dhcpd relay
>agent? Wait until lease expires and after dhcpd will delete it is not
>acceptable.I do not want to wait so much...
>Any clues?

If the client is using the DHCP protocol and not BOOTP it has to send a DHCP
release message to the DHCP server (in this case the DHCP relay agent) when
it is shut down.

eg. with dhcpcd on a linux machine using dhcp there is a dhcp request to the
dhcp server when configuring the ethernet interface and a dhcp release when
shutting down the interface.

regards
Stephane