Hi all.

Does anyone have any definitive info per subject?

We don't see support in our CSR1000v units, and my SE seems to have gone
fishing.

Anyone who has deployed Cat8000v know if there is support there? It's
what we are moving to, but we aren't there yet.

Using different RD's per site is a workaround, but...

Mark.
Re: IOS XE BGP Add-Paths Support for VPNv4 + VPNv6 AFI's [ In reply to ]
On 8/30/23 18:14, Mark Tinka via cisco-nsp wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> Does anyone have any definitive info per subject?
>
> We don't see support in our CSR1000v units, and my SE seems to have
> gone fishing.
>
> Anyone who has deployed Cat8000v know if there is support there? It's
> what we are moving to, but we aren't there yet.
>
> Using different RD's per site is a workaround, but...

Actually, different RD's are not a solution for VRF routes leaked into
the global table. It will only work for traffic carried inside the VRF
domain.

If IOS XE can't support Add-Paths for VPN traffic, direct iBGP sessions
may be necessary to workaround this. Ouch!

Mark.
Re: IOS XE BGP Add-Paths Support for VPNv4 + VPNv6 AFI's [ In reply to ]
On 8/30/23 18:24, Mark Tinka wrote:

> Actually, different RD's are not a solution for VRF routes leaked into
> the global table. It will only work for traffic carried inside the VRF
> domain.
>
> If IOS XE can't support Add-Paths for VPN traffic, direct iBGP
> sessions may be necessary to workaround this. Ouch!

So this turned out to be a known limitation as described in CSCvn41817.

Basically, IOS XE is unable to advertise capability for Add-Paths for
VPNv4 and VPNv6 AFI's.

From IOS XE 17.9.x and later, VPNv4 and VPNv6 supports the "bgp
additional-paths select" and "bgp additional-paths install" features.

However, neither "bgp additional-paths send receive" nor "advertise
additional-paths" are supported, making it a fractured and not very
useful feature.

Mark.